Experiences in life often lead to a unique understanding of problem solving. Often we find ourselves in predicaments whether alone or in a collaborative group "brainstorming" how to resolve a challenge in our business or institution. When this stubbling block is change, it creates an imbalance or knocks us out of equilibrium, we must find a way to counteract this new sometimes overpowering wave. Action Research provides an outlet for discovery, collaboration, and understanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I, too, believe that having experience in primary and secondary schools is important to success as a superintendent. The more knowledge we carry with us can only help our cause of making our districts better. For me, the primary grades are a weakness because all of my experience comes at the high school level. Great interview.
ReplyDeleteThe superintendent's charge is to make sure the employees of the district have, "an appeciation for the mission and vision of the organization to achieve the district goals and purpose," stands out as a powerful statement. I would like to know his methods of articulating the vision and mission.
ReplyDeleteI think that it would be good to have knowledge and experience at all grade levels as a superintendent. However, I do not believe that not having experience at all levels would make you a less effective superintendent. My superintendent says that what makes him a successful superintendent is hiring good people under him. I totally agree with this.
ReplyDelete