The review of the SISE with my superintendent was very informative and provided quality feedback about my activities in the district during the program. Mr. Philip Welch, my site supervisor, was very helpful and supportive during the entire process. I have learned a lot through observations and interviews with him during the school year. Although, many of the activities were helpful to me in gaining more understanding and experiencing superintendent related subject matter, it has been my goal to be a “spongelike” and absorb as much information as I can. The internship was helpful in this process. Mr. Welch provided valuable insight and shared many experiences during his career to help me along. I believe my final conference with him was positive, but of course I have a lot to learn about the superintendent position as well as education in the 21st century as a whole.
Sounds like an excellent conference!
ReplyDeleteLearning and paying attention to what and how our own superintendents respond and address different situations provides us with a valuable resource for future learning. They have much more knowledge and experience than we have and it is nice to be able to talk and discuss different ideas about education and school operations.
ReplyDelete